1.21.2011

Shocking Update!

He's going to individual counseling! What miracle caused this to happen, you say?

I sent him the following text message after he screamed at our daughter causing our last big blowout shortly following our marriage counseling:

"Honestly I think we should take some time apart while we go through therapy. I can't keep this up.
Maybe you should stay at your folks for a while!"

Hours later I got a lengthy apology and praise for wanting to protect our children even from him. That he finally sees how hurtful he's been.

I'm mildly hopeful. I'll believe it when he starts his own course to self-reflection.


- Posted using BlogPress

3 comments:

Amazon Woman said...

Well, it's a step in the right direction. And he apologized. Crossing fingers!

PateInduced said...

Oh, dear! I have not been following. I do hope you guys can resolve this.

We want to help our friends--it's being human--and advice can backfire... Men can have depression which manifests as aggressive behavior.

Topaz said...

Wow.
All I can say is I'm happy this step in the right direction is being taken. Tough love and support are hard - but keep it up and be strong. I'm sending you my support-vibes...
:-)